Did you have a crush on Joey Lawrence in the 90’s. Joey Lawrence was in all the major teen magazines such as Teen Beat, Bop, Superteen, Superstars, 16 magazine and Tiger Beat among others. Learn about Joey Lawrence here on my blog as I take you back to memory lane.
Joey Lawrence was born on April 20, 1976 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His first series was Gimme a Break. He was six years old at the time. Gimmie a Break ended in 1987 . The biggest TV role you might remember him in is Blossom. This TV show was about the life of Blossom Russo Mayim Bialik, an Italian-American teenager. It began with Blossom’s mother having left the family to pursue her own life and career, and focused on the family’s attempts to adjust.
Blossom’s best friend Six Lemeure aka as Jenna von Oÿ also played a significant part in her life. Joey Lawrence was the boy next door. I never watched Blossom, but a lot of people did. Another great sitcom Joey starred in was Brotherly Love. This tv show I watched from the beginning to end. It starred all three Lawrence brothers, Matthew Lawrence along with Andy Lawrence. I remember they all look alike when you see them in their younger years. Did you also know Joey Lawrence was in the movie with John Candy and Steve Martin in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. This movie is a Thanksgiving classic that I watch every year.
Joey was on the sitcom Melissa and Joey on ABC Family from Aug 17, 2010 through 2015 for 4 seasons. The storyline was about a family scandal leaves Mel, a local politician, alone with her niece and nephew. She hires a man named Joe to become the family’s male nanny. This show I watched a few episodes of but if I had to choose I would re watch Brotherly Love again.
Did you know Joey Lawrence was also a wonderful singer? Most people now him as a actor but he really did have 2 albums come out in the 90’s. I still have his debt alum. He had a hit single called Nothin’ My Love Can’t Fix. The single reached #19 here in the United States. His self-titled debut album was released in 1993. He went on more tv shows but they released his last album called Soulmates. I never bought this album. Did you listen to his albums? Did you like them? Did you have a favorite song. One of my favorite songs he ever sang was “I can’t help myself” Did you also know that Matthew and Andy Lawrence where in this music video.
Some Joey Lawrence projects that Joey is working on right now are, Pardoned by Grace, Money Plane, My Brother’s Keeper and Turning Table.
- His Brother Matthew Starred in ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ and ‘Boy Meets World’.
- He met his wife at Disney World.
- Shares a birthday with his Gimmie a Break co-star Lara Jill Miller.
- Was in all the major teen magazines such as Bop and Teen Beat in the 90’s.
- In 1994 graduated from Abington Friends School.
- He was on Dancing with the Stars in 2006, and placed third in the competition.
- Joey was in most every teen magazine you could think of in the day in the 90’s such as Bop, Teen Beat, Big Bopper AKA as BB, Tiger Beat, Superteen, Super Starsm Tutti Frutti and so many more.
- He starred in the Broadway play Chicago in May of 2007.
- Starred in the movie Summer Rental with John Candy as Bobby Chester.